Payments cut and designed just for salons
Like all fast-paced businesses, your hair salon needs a modern credit card processor that can help your salon keep up with the demands of day-to-day operations, keep your stylists happy, and keep your customers coming back time and time again.
Save time in managing the salon
It’s all about the customer, for you and for us. Choosing People’s United Merchant Services as your salon merchant account partner can help you save time—not to mention money—on operational tasks so you and your stylists can focus on clients. Connecting you to the right payments terminal or POS solution for hair salons can help you:
- Easily track your clients’ appointment history, alongside their go-to styles and products—without having to fumble through paper records
- Streamline—or even automate—your appointment reminder calls, via SMS text or email confirmation
- Track and manage inventory for your salon supplies and your retail products
- Pull reporting that details stylists’ individual sales, commissions, and space rental payments to help reduce your accounting time and to help you ensure stylists are properly paid for their work
Style up mobile payments acceptance
Whether terminal or POS system device, let’s design an approach to your processing payments that lets you accept all the card payments you’d like, checks and even mobile wallet payments—an increasingly convenient and preferred method of payment across the generations, especially your youngest customers. Stay styling with mobile payments acceptance.
Reduce chargebacks associated with high-dollar styling
Protecting your business on the fraud and security front includes the reality of managing chargebacks. Unhappy customers, friendly fraud—they often come with higher-dollar salon transactions—such as extensions, wedding parties and other special events, known for carrying higher risk of chargeback. Partnering with People’s United Merchant Services gives you a credit card processor who understands the day-to-day life of a salon and can help you reduce risk of loss to dispute transactions.
Built-in payments processing to simplify your salon
When you partner with People’s United Merchant Services for your salon merchant account, there are no surprises or extra software to buy. Our payment processing is often already built into today’s popular POS systems for hair salons. When you choose People’s you’ll enjoy a host of benefits.
- Consistent and secure debit and credit card processing
- Gift and stored value cards to boost sales
- Comprehensive 24/7 phone and email support—even on major holidays
- Helpful troubleshooting and actionable alerts to help you resolve payment issues