Better support for your cause
People’s United Merchant Services knows that taking payments for a non-profit is a bit different than payments for a business. But there are many things that are the same. Donation acceptance, donation tracking, sustainer relationships—these are all critical. They each can be made better through a better approach to payments.
Allow donors to give on-demand
However, wherever, whenever they want. Today, we do just about everything online. That includes charitable giving. Some 70% of American non-profit supporters, aged 20-35, contributed by donating online in 2011 (source: Achieve; Johnson, Grossnickle and Associates). So provide your donors with options, including access via online donations as well as donations through mobile wallets and the like.
Make the payment processing solution work for you too
The non-profit merchant account you choose should work for you too. Can you establish recurring donations (recurring payments) for sustainer donors, who donate equal amounts over a period of time (e.g. $10 per month, for a full year)? Does your solution help development and marketing efforts? Beyond payments (donations) acceptance, do you get detailed reporting? Do you need a platform that allows you to communicate with your donors, especially your most loyal, sustaining ones? With crowd-sourcing everywhere, new non-profits emerge. Continue to make yours stand out with payment processing that supports your overall development and growth goals.
Features worth having in your non profit payment processing system.
When you’re ready to select a non-profit credit card processing solution, here are some things to look for:
- Specialized functionality, just for non profits
- Perhaps, completely integrated payments
- Easily customizable to your specific needs
- On-demand, detailed reporting capabilities
- Promotional functionality that drives support such as custom donor communications
- Security protection from an all-in-one solution, such as OmniShield Assure
When you choose People’s United Merchant Services for non-profit payment processing, you’ll get:
- Trustworthy, secure debit and credit card processing
- Quick funding to deposit account of choice
- Live 24/7 phone and email support—even on holidays
- Detailed reporting to help you track donations, pinpoint problems, and identify your best supporters